Are you wondering how to make custom boxes for shipping? Are you unsure if you even need to bother? Let’s explore this topic together for a bit…
The age of digital marketing and eCommerce has presented a massive problem-slash-opportunity for merchants around the globe. The first, and perhaps most important, thing to note is that with this now-standard means of offering and shipping products, packaging is more important than ever.
Don’t believe us? Take a look at these little tidbits of info…we think you’ll find them rather insightful. According to a recent survey:
- 51% of premium shoppers and 25% of all other consumers say custom packaging can make a product feel more valuable
- 44% of premium shoppers and 29% of all other consumers will make future purchases from brands that use beautiful custom packaging
- 37% of premium shoppers and 22% of all other consumers have shared images of custom packaging on their social media accounts
Yet despite these clear indications of just how important custom packaging is to consumers, and how much opportunity it presents to retailers…only 11% of consumers are totally satisfied with the eCommerce packaging they receive today.
Convinced that premium, custom packaging may be a smart move for your brand? Read on to learn everything you need to know about how Custom Boxes Now can help you make the switch to a smarter, custom box that will help you improve profits and make the sale.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE CUSTOM BOXES FOR SHIPPING IN 5 EASY STEPS:
- Figure out what kind of box will be best – choosing your box style may seem overwhelming at first, but it really doesn’t have to be that hard.
- Regular Slotted Container (RSC): standard, normal shipping boxes; flaps fold down and meet at the middle; tape or glue needed for assembly.
- Full Overlap Container (FOC): top and bottom flaps overlap; great for heavy or bulky products; offers more strength and rigidity; tape or glue needed.
- One Panel Folder (OPF): typical for mailing books, magazines or media; good for shipping flat items; tape needed.
- C-series: popular mail or subscription style boxes; self-locks; requires tooling which can increase upfront cost; some standard tooling sizes are available.
- Tray and Cover: 2-piece boxes that ship to you flat and need staple or glue for assembly.
- Half Slotted Container (HSC): standard shipping boxes that have no top flaps; bottoms must be sealed with tape or glue.
- Measure your product or products you will sell and ship – before spending any time on the design of the box, it’s important to first determine the box size or sizes you’ll need. Measure all the products you would likely be shipping and then use our handy box configuration tool to start the process.
- Determine the strength of the box – like size, box strength should be determined by the product or products you are shipping. The heavier, bulkier or more fragile the items being shipped are, the stronger box you should consider. Decide on three strength options: standard, strong or extra strong with a double wall.
- Decide on printing options – will you want standard or custom/flexo printing? What’s the difference?
- Standard printing options will print various common wording or phrases such as “Fragile” or “This Side Up.”
- Custom printing offers a variety of options in color choices, how many panels you want printed and how big you want any images printed. The sky’s the limit when it comes to custom printing.
- Order your new custom printed boxes – Once you’ve made all the decisions on box type and printing options, it’s time to submit your order!
Why Order Custom Shipping Boxes From Custom Boxes Now?
In addition to making the process of creating custom boxes easy with five steps, we’ve got a few other things going for us. At Custom Boxes Now, we have nearly 60 years of experience as a retail packaging industry leader. During these decades, we’ve fine-tuned our experience in designing and manufacturing custom printed shipping boxes. Today, we’re known for an on-time record of over 99% — that allows our clients to keep up with their packaging needs without any productivity breaks.
How do we consistently meet our clients’ time demands? In large part, our reliability is due to our entirely in-house process. Custom Boxes Now operates under one roof, based in Minneapolis, MN. Every stage of the process happens in our facility — which lets us maintain total oversight over the details, quality and speed of each custom-size shipping box. As an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, our standard of quality speaks for itself.
Our turnkey process includes a variety of versatile printing options depending on your company’s packaging preferences. If you decide to opt for custom shipping boxes with a company logo, for example, we can handle your printing needs in-house. We’ll only encourage you to get the services you need. We know that you’ve got a budget to meet, which is why we aim to offer the most cost-effective packaging plans possible.
When you work with Custom Boxes Now for your packaging solutions, you can enjoy benefits such as:
- Sustainability: Our corrugated boxes feature 100% recyclable materials for the ultimate environmentally friendly company footprint.
- Versatility: Using our five easy steps, you can modify almost any aspect of your packaging. From creating custom shipping boxes with a logo to mixing up your shapes and sizes, we offer plenty of opportunities to get creative.
- Customer service: We’re known for reliable and timely customer service. If you have a question or need assistance, you’re just a phone call away from a quick solution.
Reach Out to Custom Boxes Now to Create Your Own Custom Packaging
We’ve made it as easy as possible to order custom printed packaging so you can be boxing your products and increasing your revenue in no time at all. Still have questions about the process? Reach out to Custom Boxes Now any time for step-by-step guidance and help on creating your custom packaging.