There are many ways you can use corrugated boxes for product packaging to help brand your business. And the go-big-or-go-home theory definitely does not apply here.
What does apply is the theme that one size does NOT fit all. Boxes can be big, medium or small, and they can easily be perfectly customized to your exact product needs.
So if you sell small products, small corrugated cardboard boxes are what you need. Don’t waste time, money, space and effort on boxes that are too big.
What Are Small Corrugated Cardboard Boxes Good For?
We’re glad you asked! Small boxes can be ideal for:
- Coffee mugs
- Household items
- Bath/hygiene products
- Virtually anything else you sell that is small in size
Benefits of Custom Small Boxes
We’ve got some info for you on the benefits too:
- Brand pride: Ordering a smaller box, that’s “just right” for your product, will send a message to your customers. And that message is you care about your brand and believe in your product. You took the time to custom order a box that’s perfect. Even if they don’t consciously know they’re doing it, subliminally, customers will internalize this as you taking pride in your brand. And if you have pride in your brand, they’re more likely to, too!
- Eco friendly: Using an appropriately-sized box is another way to say you care about more than just your profits. It says you care about our world too. Unnecessarily large packaging is not only wasteful in terms of the actual packaging material. You also need to think about how much filler you’ll be adding to boxes to keep much smaller products from tumbling around in transit.
- Brand Image: Going custom is an obvious sign that you have a superior product. If you care enough to follow through with every aspect of your branding, right down to your small custom box you design and order, that’s something that won’t be lost on prospective and returning customers.
- Quality is not sacrificed: Going small doesn’t mean you’re in any way taking the cheap route. Custom small corrugated cardboard boxes are just as high-quality as their larger counterparts. So you can get the perfect fit without having to deal with an inferior packaging product that doesn’t stand up to your brand’s high standards.
Corrugated boxes are available in any shape, strength and size you can imagine. Small boxes are perfect for those products that don’t need a ton of space when it comes to packaging. Small boxes are versatile, easy to use, creative, fun and simple to order in just the right size. They’re great for eCommerce brands as well as actual physical marketplaces.
Why the Size of Your Small Mailing Box Matters
Because bigger box sizes mean higher costs, it’s important to choose the right-sized box for your products. Determining the appropriate box size will help you save significantly and ensure that you pay for what you need and no more.
Today, major shipping carriers like FedEx and UPS base their shipping charges on either weight or dimensional weight (DIM). Dimensional weight refers to the height, length and depth of a shipping box. Shipping carriers will measure the box’s DIM and weight and select the higher charge.
One strategy used by online retailers is to ship boxes through USPS for any box under 1 cubic foot. USPS does not use DIM pricing for boxes of that size, so DIM charges can be avoided with this shipping carrier.
How to Choose the Right-Sized Box for Your Products
When you’re ready to determine the small cardboard mailing boxes and void fill packaging supplies your business needs, keep the following tips in mind.
1. Determine the Size of Your Product
Measure your product’s length, width and height to determine the appropriate interior dimensions for your shipping box. The interior dimensions of a mailer box refer to its usable space. If your product’s measurements are smaller than the box size you’re considering, the product will fit.
The outside dimensions of any small custom box are critical in terms of shipping costs. You will want to strike a balance between finding an appropriately sized box for your product and avoiding excessive costs.
2. Figure out What Type of Product You’ll Mail
Next, it’s essential to evaluate the type of product you want to mail. Whether your products are food items, clothing items or breakable objects should influence your choice of small mailing boxes and other packaging supplies. Perishable items like food and medicines will need protection from humidity and temperature fluctuations. In these cases, a cold pack or insulated shipping kit may be the best choice.
Products like clothing and other goods warrant the need for void fill space inside a mailing box. They should also be small enough to keep your products from moving around during transit. Breakable items warrant void fill space as well, but you don’t want them snug enough to undergo unnecessary tension or pressure.
3. Remember That Quality Matters
Make sure to choose sturdy, durable cardboard mailing boxes. Small shipping boxes should not have water damage or tears of any size. It’s also crucial to avoid wasteful packaging choices. Whether you do or do not want to build a brand reputation for eco-friendly packaging, it’s best to stick with packing paper, foam sheets or bubble cushion whenever possible.
Where to Buy Small Boxes
Custom Boxes Now has been manufacturing custom small boxes for shipping and mailing purposes for more than 50 years. Benefits of choosing us as your small shipping box supplier follow:
- Our on-time delivery percentage is over 99%.
- We allow our customers to order printed or plain mailer boxes precisely to their specifications and receive them the next day.
- With our online box configurator tool, users can see the total cost of their custom small box.
- We offer three printing methods all under one roof — lithographic, flexographic and digital printing.
Buy Small Shipping Boxes at Custom Boxes Now
Let your box do more than hold product. Let it make a statement. Looking to go small? Create small corrugated boxes with our online configurator today!