Custom designed boxes. Do they really live up to all the hype? Are they worth it? Won’t they be more expensive? More time consuming? More work to design? Perhaps. But after all the time, effort, money, research and everything else that goes into launching or manufacturing your product or brand, how you package it is arguably one of the single most important components of all. Packaging contributes to the overall success of your product once it’s at market. Miss the mark, and you may damage your entire brand perception.
Packaging should be a no brainer. It’s often one of the last parts of the process, and at first thought, it probably seems like it’s the easiest part. Right? If you believe this. We hate to be blunt, but you’re actually wrong. We’d go so far as to say dead wrong. Designing your packaging is integral to your brand’s success. It needs to be cohesive, brand-aware, user-friendly, functional and thoughtful. It should incorporate your branding and messaging that’s important to your customer. For example:
- Are you a green brand? Recycled packaging will be important.
- Is your target demographic young? Packaging should be fresh and fun, eye-catching and social-media worthy.
- Do you have a product for an aging population? Think about ease of opening.
See? There is a lot to think about…
The Custom Designed Difference
One of the easiest ways to create packaging that sells is by upping your game with custom branding. How do you go about that?
Decide on the Basics:
- First, decide on the type of box style you want.
- Next, decide on 1-color, 2-color or 4+ color printing.
- Finally, decide if you want to print on 2 panels or all 4.
Once you’ve made these decisions, you’re ready to begin the actual design. There are a couple other things you’ll still need to finalize at this point, including how big your logo or image will be and how many different sizes of boxes you’ll need.
What You Should Know:
There are several things to keep in mind so you know what to expect when ordering custom printed boxes.
- It may be possible to get your boxes next-day if you order early enough in the day – don’t be afraid to mention you’re in a time crunch and see how a company can help you.
- Different boxes have different strengths – be sure you know how strong you need your box to be: standard, strong or extra strong.
- There is a difference between “Standard Printing” and “Custom Printing” – Standard Printing allows you to choose from common, popular phrases such as “Fragile” or “This End Up.” Custom Printing means you can print your own images, graphics, copy and logo.
It may seem overwhelming to try and come up with a cardboard packaging design that’s perfect for your brand and product, but we promise you, grinding through the process will be worth it in the end. And if you need more convincing, we’ll leave you with this little tidbit of info: A 2013 survey showed that businesses who switched to premium, custom packaging saw an average 30% increase in consumer interest. We can’t imagine you’re not interested in that!
If you’re ready to make the switch to custom designed boxes, reach out to Custom Boxes Now today to learn more about the process and to hear about how we can help you. We have years of experience creating packaging for brands just like yours, and we look forward to helping you, too!